She underlines the f*ck scenes for you? Jesus! If she underlines the f*ck scenes for you, she must worship the ground you walk on.
– Reg Dunlop shares a bit of relationship insight (Slapshot)
Rest in peace, Paul. You lived life with dignity, class, and a smile. You will be sorely missed.
You know what they put on French fries in Holland instead of ketchup?
I’ve seen ’em do it, man. They fuckin’ drown ’em in that shit.
– Vincent Vega tells Jules about Dutch dietary predilictions (For the record, they charged me 30 euro-cents for ketchup at McDonalds in Amsterdam this weekend, plus shot me a dirty look probably for not using mayo on my fries.)
In observance of Independence Day, I offer you not one but TWO movie quotes from a royal American family – the Bouviers. No, not Jackie Bouvier Kennedy. I mean Edie – both Big and Little, my personal style gurus. Say what you will; they kept it real, y’all.
Edith ‘Little Edie’ Bouvier Beale: You can’t have your cake and eat it, too in life.
Edith ‘Big Edie’ Bouvier Beale: Oh, yes, I did. I did, I had my cake, loved it, masticated it, chewed it and had everything I wanted.
Edith ‘Little Edie’ Bouvier Beale: If you can’t get a man to propose to you, you might as well be dead.
– who the hell knows what these two are ever talking about? (Grey Gardens)
“You know those days when you get the mean reds?”
“The mean reds, you mean like the blues?”
“No. The blues are because you’re getting fat and maybe it’s been raining too long, you’re just sad that’s all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you’re afraid and you don’t know what you’re afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?”
“Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany’s. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that’d make me feel like Tiffany’s, then – then I’d buy some furniture and give the cat a name!”
– Holly Golightly shares her secret for finding peace with Paul “Fred Baby” Varjak (Breakfast at Tiffany’s) *
* my favorite movie starring my favorite actress, in case you care.
Randolph Duke: Now, some of our clients are speculating that the price of gold will rise in the future. We have other clients who are speculating that the price of gold is going to fall. They’ve placed their orders with us and we buy or sell their gold for them.
Mortimer Duke: Tell him the good part.
Randolph Duke: The good part is that no matter whether our clients make money, or lose money, Duke & Duke get the commissions.
Mortimer Duke: Well, what do you think, Valentine?
Billy Ray Valentine (Capricorn): Sounds to me like y’all are a couple of bookies.
– The Dukes teach Billy Ray about finance and frozen orange juice concentrate speculation (Trading Places)
“I owe you a hairspray.”
– Debby buys a can of Aqua Net for her bff, Beth (Hysterical Blindness)
You’re not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You’re not your f*cking khakis. You’re the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
— Tyler Durden, reminding us that cash can’t save your soul (Fight Club)